Many, many women have pondered the same question for generations; some in isolation and some with support.
The ones who were supported had a much easier time.
Struggling to Make a Decision About Having an Abortion?
- You may feel you are the only one to have ever gone through the pain of needing to make a decision about what to do about an unplanned pregnancy.
- You may feel like you’re struggling because you always thought if you got pregnant that you’d have the baby but now that you are faced with an unplanned pregnancy your views are changing.
- You may be worried that you’ll be judged by friends, family, society, or God.
- You may fear that someone will find out.
- You may think that your boyfriend will leave you if he finds out that you’re pregnant.
- Are you having trouble sleeping or focusing at work or school because you can’t get this pregnancy off your mind?List Ite
- Perhaps you are feeling unable to make a decision regarding what to do
Common Reactions to Finding Out You're Pregnant
- Feel panicked and shocked.
- Feel afraid, upset, sad, confused, messy, paradoxical feelings.
- Feel guilty about not being more careful or responsible.
- Struggle to know where to turn for support.
- Wish you could just go bad in time and never have had this happen.
- Feel afraid to tell your partner/ boyfriend/ spouse/ that guy from the bar.
If you feel any of these things, don’t give up.
I am Lesley Glenner.. I have worked with women and couples for years to help them make sense of an Abortion decision. I offer a truly unbiased and judgment-free perspective to help you navigate this important decision with as much support, awareness and care as possible. As a trained clinician I am available as an empathic ear for Your struggles with fear, anxiety, terror, depression, loss of relationship, loss of the life You thought You’d have as you wrestle with this deeply personal and complex issue.
You are not alone.
Many women who are faced with an unplanned pregnancy feel that it is one of the most complicated, difficult and emotionally challenging things they have ever experienced. Abortion is a multi-faceted issue and brings up complex feelings in many categories; emotional, relational, religious, spiritual, financial, biological, generational, etc. The decision to have or not have an abortion asks you to delve deep into our minds and hearts to find truth that is very specific to You and your current life circumstances. While doctors help their clients to deal with the physical aspects of abortion, they are often unprepared to address the emotional pieces of grieving, making sense of a decision, finding peace within, communicating what needs to be said (and what doesn’t) and rebuilding ones life.
You can do this.
Even though this is so hard, it can be an amazing experience for growth and healing. With my help, you can:
- Explore whether an Abortion is a good decision for YOU, not you’re mother, your partner or your church.
- Develop a deep peace with your choice to have this child or not.
- Learn coping skills to facilitate healthy adjustment both physically and emotionally before, during and after your abortion.
- Heal and cultivate your relationship with yourself.
- Increase your self-confidence in your ability to know what’s right for YOU.
- Learn how to integrate this experience in to the great whole of your life and learn from it.
But you may have some concerns about talking to me… You may say…
Nobody can help me, my problem is too nuanced, what good is therapy?
You’re partially right, it is nuanced. Your decision can only be made by you. I can help you to hear your wisest self.
It’s too painful to talk about, I’m afraid to talk about it.
Sometimes talking about it can feel scary or painful initially. However, it’s a little known secret that when we talk about something, when we give it air, its power over us diminishes. It takes emmense bravery to feel our feelings and when we do we are generously rewarded in the form of deep inner peace and integration.
My abortion(s) is my biggest secret, what if someone I know finds out?
Therapy is 100% confidential. No body will know that you’re in therapy or what you’re discussing. You have total control about how much you share and will whom. I am here to provide a safe, respectful space for you to be yourself in.
Lesley specializes in safe, nonjudgmental, agenda-free abortion counseling. Lesley holds the space for you to explore, process and find the answers that are right for YOU.
Are you ready to take the next step?
This free ebook may help you sort out all the feelings you’re having about this issue. Just enter your email address, and you can download it immediately.
I hope that this ebook helps you undertand all the feelings you’re having as you face into this issue. I would love to help you navigate this decision so that you can find peace, either way, or even find peace with a past abortion decision that may be haunting you.